takla shake their neck

Almost all color variations exist in USA

takla shake their neck

Postby tumblers » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi guys does anyone have seen a takla shake their neck I have a pair i bought and they shaking the neck its the pigeon sick they fly everyday and they tumbler and seem fine please help?
tumblers

Breeds: turkish tumbler

Re: takla shake their neck

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi,
Are they shaking their necks like the Fantails?
I have seen very mild version of this in old blood Konya and Urfa bloodlines but not in the US.
Are there any other symptoms of illness?
Did you buy them in this condition?
Do you have any photos of these birds?
If you are suspecting a health issue then I think you should have them checked out by an avian veterinarian.
Is there any difficulty eating feed or twisting of the neck?
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Breeds: Takla, Kelebek

Postby tumblers » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi
thank you for the replay yes like fantail also the breeder emailed me and told me they do this because of their bloodline
here is a video also are you able to tell if my birds have iraqi or syrian bloodline in them
thank you \
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT1C2G3Iz_o
tumblers

Breeds: turkish tumbler

Postby Birdman79 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:04 pm

That looks normal to me.I 've seen a video of turkish tumblers shaking their necks but not if they were sick,but due to their bloodline.If they had pmv or salmonella ,the necks would twist sideways kinda like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz-F1WxD ... re=related.
Last edited by Birdman79 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birdman79

Breeds: Turkish tumblers,Iranian tumblers,Baku tumblers,Pakistani highflyers.

Postby hasseian_313 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:35 pm

do you mine it shakes side to side or back and forth if back and forth you got some rare and good birds a mean like it shakes like they peaking at somthing in iraq only one breeder had them and no one seem to get a pair till he past away
hasseian_313

Breeds: iraqi, turkish pigeons, armenian highflyers, irani highflyers etc...

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:08 am

tumblers wrote:yes like fantail also the breeder emailed me and told me they do this because of their bloodline
here is a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT1C2G3Iz_o

The shaking seen on the video is very normal for the fantails. It is also seen in other breeds including some Russian breeds.
However, for a Turkish Tumbler it is questionable in my opinion.
That brings me to your second question: do they have Syrian or Iraqi blood in them.
To me this is very much of a possibility but it could also be a different mix.
Since the live bird import laws in Australia are rather though the number of imports (as far as I know have been limited).
Maybe for this reason alone it is very though to find a pure bloodline.
Even the 100% birds tend to be mix of multiple reginoal sub-breeds.
This makes it very difficult to identify a bird based on looks alone.
I think, as you get babies from these birds and fly them you will have a better understanding of what is in the bloodline.
In any case, not all the birds in the video are from the same bloodline it looks like any way.
(Are the Browns and blacks from same family? What is the relations ship of the neck shaking checker with them?)
I would utilize the seperation by physical qualities method to dig a bit deaper into the bloodlines you have.
In the mean time keep an eye out for variations of beak sizes on the offspring.
Short (not shortface but shorter then what you see on the parents) and narrow/long (dove like) beaks will give away Arabic bloodlines.
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Breeds: Takla, Kelebek

Postby hasseian_313 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:19 am

true its realy hard to find real iraqi tumblers unless they direct decendents of the imports but they thing is as u sell some or give some as gifts ppl start to mix em and ppl tent to come back to as if you have bad birds not saying your birds are bad
im just talkin bout imports ppl lets all breed quwality birds my uncal used to buy whole coops for one bird its bad allready in the usa dont mix and that wasnt the shaking i was talkin bout but great bird
hasseian_313

Breeds: iraqi, turkish pigeons, armenian highflyers, irani highflyers etc...

Return to TAKLA