Tail feathers?

Does not exist in USA

Tail feathers?

Postby Adana Man » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi does anybody no how many tail feathers Dolapci officially have cheers.
Ste...
Adana Man

Breeds: Adana, Dolapci

Re: Tail feathers?

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:12 pm

Hi Steve,
14 to 16 tail feathers are acceptable in the breed, as long as there is no oilgland.
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Breeds: Takla, Kelebek

Postby Adana Man » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:04 am

Hello Kurt thanks. Yes they all have no oil gland my red dolapci all have 14 tail feathers i was curious because the blacks i recently got both have 16. Also out of all my dolapci 1 red hen as yellow eyes were all the rest have white, Is this common in Dolapci?
Steve...
Adana Man

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:07 pm

You know, I would say keep an eye on the yellow eyed hen.
Dolapçı comes with pearl or white eyes mostly and some black eyes on birds with white head coloring.
I would look at the birds with yelow or red eyes with suspicion.
Not that they are bad birds but most likely they are not a member of the Dolapçı breed.
Most of the time they are Kosova, Topka, Tetova breeds or they have a Makedon mix in them.
Then again the eyes by themselves are nto 100% accurate way to make these kinds of judgements.
I think the best way to determine if a bird is a Dolapçı or not is to look at the 9 faulty moves.
If any one of those are present in a bird then it is not a Dolapçı.
How did you get the bird?
I am wondering if the original owner thought it was a Dolapçı.
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Postby Adana Man » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:53 am

Hello Kurt hope you have had a nice xmas. I got the hen from Germany i did not meet the breeder as it was a gift from a friend.
She is the only 1 with yellow eyes but if i'm honest she is 1 of the best performers. What are the 9 fault moves?
Thanks.
Steve...
Adana Man

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:18 pm

I had a pretty awesome Christmas Steve.
I hope yours was also good.

You know we are talking about the eye colors etc but none of that means that hen is not a good bird.
She can be an excellent performing bird in fact.
However, with the eye color being yellow she could possibly be from a bloodline that has one of the other breeds I mentioned in it.
Keep in mind in some areas this mixing is done on purpose for different reasons.
So with out getting in to that what I will do is translate a few small writings that could give ideas to breeders of Dolapçı.
Number one thing the Dolapçı breeders look for is the absence of the 9 faulty moves.
We'll start from there.
Then I'll do a compilation of various Dolapçı colors and eye colors in relation to those for comparison.
After that (if I can find where they are) I will translate some of the graphs and diagrams that provides some insight into the relationship between some of these breeds.
This way we'll have a good base for anyone starting in Dolapçı breed.
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Postby Adana Man » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:25 am

Great to hear Kurt i to had a brilliant Christmas also, my daughter will be 3 in May so this was her 1st Christmas she actually knew what was happening :D
Thanks for the information on the eye colour i have only bred 2 young from the yellow eyed hen which also fly and perform very well i have not seen any of the faults you list in the 9 faulty moves but will no longer breed from the hen or her offspring.
I will just fly them and concentrate on the other birds, i was suspicious of the hen when i got her i could tell she was slightly different.
I'm not 100% sure what Dolapci are supposed to do when they fly, but mine sure put on a show and fly very very high, ive seen them go beyond dots and vanish only to return spiraling down at great speeds with wings outstretched like airplanes ive also seen the odd bird spiraling what seems like out of control maybe 300 yards away from the loft and vanish into the houses only to reappear having not crashed. These birds are very entertaining for sure and i enjoy them very much i dont no of any dolpaci breeders in the UK so i cant compare my birds to any others but i will be visiting Germany in the new year and hope to see some birds fly.
Steve...

Ive just read this after my post ive copyed it from your article...

This can be described like a long and wide spiral dive. It will show its spin as a response to dropper while flying in low or medium altitudes or if flying in high altitudes with out any dropper by it self. If shown a dropper while flying high it will respond with a loose but rapid and very long spiral dive. Even at these altitudes, air ripping sound it creates can be heard easily. It is most characteristic dives are done in the "sarkma" (90 degrees to ground) style and always with its wings completely open.

This is exactly what i have seen the birds do wide spirrals all the way down and very fast with the woossshhing sounds. Ive seen the old cock do this away from the loft giving me a full side view its amazing to see. Its like he enjoys doing it for his own pleasure.
Adana Man

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Adana Man wrote:Great to hear Kurt i to had a brilliant Christmas also, my daughter will be 3 in May so this was her 1st Christmas she actually knew what was happening :D

I got a 6 year old son and a 1.5 year old daughter.
I know how Christmas goes with the little ones.
I am sure it was a blast.
I hope they keep that joy for many many years.
Adana Man wrote:Thanks for the information on the eye colour i have only bred 2 young from the yellow eyed hen which also fly and perform very well i have not seen any of the faults you list in the 9 faulty moves but will no longer breed from the hen or her offspring.
I will just fly them and concentrate on the other birds, i was suspicious of the hen when i got her i could tell she was slightly different.

I think that's a good plan.

Adana Man wrote:I'm not 100% sure what Dolapci are supposed to do when they fly, but mine sure put on a show and fly very very high, ive seen them go beyond dots and vanish only to return spiraling down at great speeds with wings outstretched like airplanes ive also seen the odd bird spiraling what seems like out of control maybe 300 yards away from the loft and vanish into the houses only to reappear having not crashed. These birds are very entertaining for sure and i enjoy them very much i dont no of any dolpaci breeders in the UK so i cant compare my birds to any others but i will be visiting Germany in the new year and hope to see some birds fly.
Steve...

Ive just read this after my post ive copyed it from your article...

This can be described like a long and wide spiral dive. It will show its spin as a response to dropper while flying in low or medium altitudes or if flying in high altitudes with out any dropper by it self. If shown a dropper while flying high it will respond with a loose but rapid and very long spiral dive. Even at these altitudes, air ripping sound it creates can be heard easily. It is most characteristic dives are done in the "sarkma" (90 degrees to ground) style and always with its wings completely open.

This is exactly what i have seen the birds do wide spirrals all the way down and very fast with the woossshhing sounds. Ive seen the old cock do this away from the loft giving me a full side view its amazing to see. Its like he enjoys doing it for his own pleasure.

I think, you have pretty decent birds.
I have never kept Dolapcı but had the pleasure of visiting Denizli several times and Burdur once to see them in their home towns.
Several of my friends in my home town Antalya also keep them.
Out of all the spinners I think they are most similar to Kelebeks but not as psychotic in their flight behavior.
Dolapcı seems to be a lot more in control of their over all flight and performance in my opinion.
Comparing them to other breeds their final dive is not as impressive as the Greek Muffed Döneks, who spin tighter and very very long. If a Dolapcı spins for 20 yards I would consider that birds to be a significantly decent. Then again Dolapcıs perform through out their flight time versus the muffed Döneks single dive from 90 degrees with a dropper only.
Their spin is very good and similar to some Kelebeks but not as magnificent as the true Dönek with a perfect baseball in the middle. Then again they perform many more times then the single performance you get from a dönek after a few minutes of flight. Also they do not bring their head to the tip of their tail like Döneks to do their spin. It is just an over al different spin.
The description on the article you red is pretty accurate and I am sure you are witnessing those spins every time you fly your birds but nothing to compared to.
I hope you will find the right fancier in Germany to visit. Out side of Turkey I have been disappointed quiet often ending up watching Kosovo birds. Not that anything wrong with those birds but they are just not Dolapcı.
If you need help finding some one there let me know.
I should be able to locate someone with decent birds since Germany has more then its share of Turks  :mrgreen:
I think I know some one in Holland also.
Any way, let me know.
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Return to DOLAPCI